1. What TCP/IP Application layer protocol polls devices on the network helping to notify when network errors occur?
2. What is Cisco's default NAT table entry timeout (translation timeout)?
A) 1 hour
B) 12 hours
C) 24 hours
D) 36 hours
E) 48 hours
3. What TCP/IP layer are ICMP, ARP and RARP protocols associated with?
D) Network Access
4. Hosts on one VLAN that want to communicate with another VLAN need to go through a router.
5. Which of the following are Routed protocols?
A) IP, IPX, ICMP
B) IP, IPX, Appletalk
C) RIP, IGRP, EIGRP
6. What does the Spanning Tree Protocol achieve?
A) Determines a loop free topology
B) Sets up a meshed switched topology
C) Creates bridge loops and broadcast storms
D) Disseminates VLAN topology
1. Correct Answer: C
2. Correct Answer: C
Explanation: When an entry is placed into the NAT table a timer begins, the duration of this timer is called the translation timeout, defaulted to 24 hours on Cisco routers.
3. Correct Answer: C
4. Correct Answer: A
Explanation: VLANs act as if they are different networks. So communication between VLANs require routers.
5. Correct Answer: B
Explanation: Routed Protocols are layer 3 Network Layer protocols. They include Internet Protocol (IP), Internetwork Packet Exchange (IPX) and Apple's AppleTalk. Routed or routable protocols allow for internetwork communication by assigning network and host identities to packets.
6. Correct Answer: A
Explanation: Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) is a Data Link protocol that ensures a loop-free topology for bridged or switched LANs. The algorithm prevents bridge loops within the network that cause broadcast storms, while allowing redundant links.
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
- Narcotics Anonymous