The following is a selection of exam type questions for computer networking, specifically pointed toward CCNA certification. Good to get the grey matter clicking as a refresher as well, enjoy!
1. Inter-Switch Link and IEEE 802.1Q are types of...
A.) Spanning Tree Protocol
B.) Trunking method
D.) Routing protocol
2. What is port 53 used for?
A.) FTP data
B.) FTP program
3. Frame tagging is used to identify...
A.) The intended recipient of a frame
B.) The IP address of the frame
C.) The source of the frame
D.) The VLAN ID of the frame
E.) The trunking method
4. Where is the start-up configuration file held in a (Cisco) router?
C.) Routing table
5. A CIDR value of /30 equates to what subnet mask?
6. Where would you place standard access lists?
A.) As close to the destination as possible
B.) As close to the source as possible
1. Answer B
2. Answer D
3. Answer D
Explanation: Frame tagging is used to tags frames on trunked links to identify what VLAN they belong to.
4. Answer A
5. Answer D
6. Answer A
Explanation: Standard access lists only filter based on source address so they have to be placed as close to the destination as possible.