Here are some more networking questions and answers to get the brain matter ticking.\
1. What do asymmetric switches require?
A) memory buffers
B) extra ports
C) statically assigned ports only
D) high speed CAM
2. What does Ethernet 0 is down, protocol is down indicate?
A) Keepalive or framing issue
B) Carrier detect is not present
C) The interface is shutdown
3. Fragment Free switching method is best described by which of the following?
A.) The entire frame is received before forwarding is commenced
B.) Forwards frame after receiving the destination MAC address
C.) Filters out collision packets by waiting for the first 64 bytes of data
4. What is the default synchronous serial encapsulation on Cisco routers?
A.) Frame Relay
5. A CIDR value of /12 equates to what subnet mask?
1. Correct Answer: A
With ability for support of high bandwidth ports Asymmetric Switches require more Buffer memory for storing & forwarding of packets for fast processing.
2. Correct Answer: B
The various states of an interface:
- Ethernet0 is up, line protocol is up - The interface is functioning correctly.
- Ethernet0 is down, line protocol is down - This message usually represents a physical interface problem. The cable may be disconnected. This can also occur if this interface is connected to another router whose interface has been shutdown.
- Ethernet0 is up, line protocol is down - The Physical layer connectivity is not the issue. The line protocol being down is either a clocking issue (keepalives) or a mismatch of the frame types being used on connected devices.
- Ethernet0 is administratively down, line protocol is down - The interface has been manually shutdown using the shutdown command.
Filters out collision packets by waiting for the first 64 bytes of data
4. Correct Answer: E
5. Correct Answer: E
Binary 11111111.11110000.0000000.0000000 = 12 bits set to 1
Binary octet = 128, 64, 32. 16, 8, 4, 2, 1 so 128+64+32+16 = 240
How did you go? let me know - have a great day.