More Questions for those interested in all things network. Enjoy
1. Trunk links are used to communicate between...
A) Two switches
B) A switch and router
C) A switch and server
D) A switch and PC
E) A, B and C are correct
2. What are the 3 ways of assigning a switched port to VLANs?
A) Switch-centric, Port-centric, Dynamic VLANs
B) Port-centric, Static VLANs, Dynamic VLANs
C) Interface-based, Static VLANs, Dynamic VLANs
3. Which of the following could be a valid MAC address?
4. What is the invalid timer set to by default when you have a router running the Interior Gateway Routing Protocol? (IGRP)
A.) 3 times the update period
B.) 270 seconds
C.) 3 times the update period + 10 seconds
D.) Answer A and B
E.) 7 times the update period
5. Which protocol is used to determine the IP address if the MAC address is already known?
1. Correct Answer: E
A trunk link is a point-to-point link between two switches, a switch and router or a switch and server which carries multiple VLAN traffic.
2. Correct Answer: B
3 ways of assigning a switched port to VLANs:
- Port-Centric - All nodes connected to ports in the same VLAN are assigned to the same VLAN ID.
- Static VLANs - Statically assign ports to a VLAN.
- Dynamic VLANs - Ports that can automatically determine their VLAN assignments based on MAC addresses
The standard format for printing MAC addresses is six groups of two hexadecimal digits, separated by hyphens (-) or colons (:) e.g. 00-08-74-CE-B7-90, 00:08:74:CE:B7:90.
Another convention commonly used is three groups of four hexadecimal digits separated by dots e.g. 0573.4567.19ab.
4. Correct Answer: D
IGRP sends its routing table to its neighbors every 90 seconds. IGRP uses an invalid timer to mark a route as invalid after 270 seconds (three times the update timer). IGRP uses a flush timer to remove a route from the routing table (default flush timer is 630 seconds, seven times the update period).
5. Correct Answer B
Reverse Address Resolution Protocol (RARP) is a networking protocol used by a host computer to request its IP address from an administrative host, when it knows its MAC address.
If you don't like something, change it.
If you can't change it, change your attitude.
Don't complain. - Maya Angelou