1. A CIDR (Classless Inter-Domain Routing) value of /30 equates to what subnet mask?
2. Your network features a combination of Cisco, 3COM and Netgear switches. You have been tasked to set up VLANS on your switched network. What trunking method should you use?
A.) Inter-Switch Link (ISL)
B.) IEEE 802.1Q
C.) You can't create VLANs by combining switches from different vendors
3. What type of NAT allows you to map multiple unregistered IP addresses to a single registered IP address?
A.) Static NAT
B.) Dynamic NAT
C.) Overloading (Port Address Translation)
4. When STP is converging no data can move through the switched network.
5. What is the encapsulation type of Transport Layer?
1. Correct Answer D
255.255.255.252 = /30
Classless Inter-Domain Routing is based on variable-length subnet masking (VLSM), which allows a network to be divided into variously sized subnets, providing the opportunity to size a network more appropriately for local needs
2. Correct Answer B
IEEE 802.1Q is the VLAN standard on all network devices, ISL is a cisco proprietary protocol.
3. Correct Answer C
Port Address Translation (PAT), or Overloading, is an extension to network address translation (NAT) that permits multiple devices on a local area network (LAN) to be mapped to a single public IP address. The goal of PAT is to conserve IP addresses.
4. Correct Answer A
All ports are in placed in a blocking state while STP converges.
5. Correct Answer A
Segments = Transport Layer
Packets = Network layer
Frames = Datalink Layer
Bits = Physical Layer
"If a man will not work, he shall not eat." -
2 Thessalonians 3:10